The following link to the pattern contains an affiliate link. Although I do not make any money directly from the Baby Pants pattern, I do appreciate people signing up for Craftsy through this link since I get a small commission for each new Craftsy account. Affiliate programs like this allow me to keep this pattern free for everyone. Thank you!
Helpful info before you start:
- 3/8" seam allowance is included in pattern
- Any seams that require stretch should be serged or sewn with a stretch stitch (lightning bolt or zigzag stitch)
- Suggested fabric - any knit with at least 30% 2-way or 4-way stretch
Preparing the Pattern:
Print the pattern in Adobe Acrobat with "No scaling" or "Print Actual Size" selected. Check the square on the first page to make sure that it measures 2". Tape together the four pages matching the marks on the pattern.
Cutting the Fabric:
Cut two mirror images of the pants pattern making sure to note the direction of the stretch. Mark the center on both the waist and the hem. Cut 15" of 1/2" elastic for the waistband.
1. Fold up 1/2" along leg hem and sew with a twin needle or a stretch stitch
2. Place inseam right sides together and serge/sew. Tack the seam down along the hem. Repeat for the other leg.
3. Place one leg in the other right sides together and serge/sew crotch seam.
4. Fold waist down 1/4" and then 3/4" and sew close to the folded edge with a stretch stitch leaving a 1-2" opening for inserting elastic.
5. Insert the elastic through the casing. Sew the ends of the elastic together and then sew the casing closed being sure not to catch the elastic as you sew.
Floral knit - Fabric Geeks on Facebook