The following link to the pattern contains an affiliate link. Although I do not make any money directly from the Baby Pants pattern, I do appreciate people signing up for Craftsy through this link since I get a small commission for each new Craftsy account. Affiliate programs like this allow me to keep this pattern free for everyone. Thank you!
Helpful info before you start:
- 3/8" seam allowance is included in pattern
- Any seams that require stretch should be serged or sewn with a stretch stitch (lightning bolt or zigzag stitch)
- Suggested fabric - any knit with at least 30% 2-way or 4-way stretch
Preparing the Pattern:
Print the pattern in Adobe Acrobat with "No scaling" or "Print Actual Size" selected. Check the square on the first page to make sure that it measures 2". Tape together the four pages matching the marks on the pattern.
Cutting the Fabric:
Cut two mirror images of the pants pattern making sure to note the direction of the stretch. Cut along the lines indicated for the yoga waistband and cuffs. Mark the center on both the waist and the hem. The waistband is 15" x 4" and the cuffs are 6" x 4". The pieces should be cut with the stretch along the longer dimension. If you use a fabric with more than 75% stretch for the waistband, cut the piece 13" x 5". If you prefer a foldover yoga waistband, then cut it 8" tall.
1. Fold the cuffs in half along the long side, wrong sides together. Serge/sew the cuffs to the legs stretching the cuffs as you sew.
2. Serge/sew the inseams. Tack down the seams along the bottom edge of the cuffs.
3. Place one leg in the other, right sides together. Serge/sew the crotch seam.
4. Sew the short ends of the waistband right sides together. Press the seam open and fold the waistband in half wrong sides together to form a circular waistband. Make a mark at the center and the halfway points between the seam and the center (dividing the waistband into quarters)
5. Serge/sew the waistband to the top of the pants matching the fronts and sides and stretching the waistband as you sew. Turn the waistband up and press the seam to remove any waviness. Congratulations, you're done!
Navy Floral - Fabric Geeks Facebook Group
Waistband and cuffs - Joann's