Just kidding! I tried to keep the post picture heavy and math light since I know not everybody (or if I'm being honest, almost nobody!) enjoys math the way I do :)
But before I dive into the numbers (and totally forget to say this!) the winners of the fabric giveaway are Elizabeth, Ashley, Chris and Laura. Congratulations! I sent you ladies an email.
And on to the highlights:
- 73% of you are interested in a year long series about building a wardrobe from scratch. This statistic will probably be the one that mostly directly determines the direction of the blog starting in September with some of the other preferences mixed in :)
- Free patterns (no surprise there!) and tutorials are the current favorite topics on the blog ... this goes for me as well!
- And, again no surprise, free patterns and tutorials are what you want to see most in the future. Although there was a positive response to many other topics as well.
- This one did kind of surprise me :) When forced to choose just one, more people selected tutorials than free patterns as their first choice for a blog topic.
- This next graph didn't tell me much other than almost any future blog post would be fine. I guess I'll just have to do a little bit of everything :)
And just for fun, a little about you :)
- It seems most of you are somewhere in the middle as far as sewing level with only two of you classifying yourselves as absolute beginners.
- Surprising, most people don't care if there is advertising on a blog - only 7% hate it. It's nice to know that is an option if I need to make some money in order to keep offering free patterns :)
- The majority (52%) of you have no preference about blog link-ups, while 37% of you like them and 11% do not
- 40% like a schedule for posts, 5% do not, and again the majority has no preference
- Only 1% of you feel that a blog has to post more than 3 time per week to engage your interest; although 38% do feel that a blog should post at least once a week
- More than 50% of you visit sewing blogs daily or more often, and only 6% read them once a week or less. It seems we just can't get enough of sewing :)
So, if you actually read this far, I'm sure you're wondering what any of this means for you. Well, not much at the moment :) For the time being, I will (in the words of Dory) just keep swimming, but I do intend to go in a slightly new direction in the fall. I plan to keep the things everyone likes most (free patterns, tutorials) and hopefully add some new stuff too. I hope you keep reading until then :)