First things first ... just a little housekeeping. After contemplating (for all of 2 seconds!) my reasons for blogging, I've decided to remove all advertising from the site. I never intended to make money from this ... just to have fun and share my sewing projects and patterns. I'm fairly driven and competitive and often found myself checking earnings and stuff and trying to one-up myself, and it's just not worth it! I became a SAHM mom 15 years ago to focus on my children, and I do not intend to let blogging change that. Kudos to anyone that can do both, but I do not multitask well. In fact, this describes me perfectly :)
So, what comes next? Here are a few things I'm planning on doing in January & February. And they are listed in no particular order, which actually means, I'm writing them down as I remember them because I am no where close to organized enough to have actually made a list ahead of time :)
- Share the free Izzy Top pattern in sizes 18 months through 5 - Of all the sewing related things, I'm actually the most excited about this one!
- Sew along with Project Run & Play - I've never completed all the challenges and I'd like to try this season
- Participate in the Snowflakes & Lace series hosted by SewingMamaRaeAnna and SewVery - I'm halfway done, just waiting on some fabric to be delivered :)
- Kids Clothes Week starts at the end of January - I always enjoy giving myself permission to ignore the messy house for a week
- Vacation with my family - I'm really looking forward to some downtime with my whole family, even more than sewing!
- A few miscellaneous tutorials and projects - after all, who doesn't have a few of those laying around
- Possibly a few add-ons to the Izzy pattern such as long sleeves or a knit version - I'll have to see how much free time I have. As if a mom ever truly has free time :)
- A Princess sewing series using my basic bodice and aline patterns - this will most likely happen in March & April